OpenScholar is the proven and cost effective way to power your university’s online presence. It is an open source content management platform that allows end-users to quickly create dynamic and customizable academic websites with no programming knowledge needed.
Essential Academic Content typesOpenScholar comes with preconfigured, customizable and reusable apps:
- News, Events and Calendaring
- Publications & Blogs
- FAQs Slideshows, & more
No Coding Knowledge NeededThe user-friendly interface for adding or editing content requires:
- No technical knowledge
- No special software
- No HTML skills
Configurable Faceted SearchUseful for:
- Search filtering by terms/categories
- Publications & Posts
- Events and Comments
Drag and Drop InterfaceThe "drag-and-drop" tool allows you to:
- Easily arrange the content presentation on any site.
- Design site-wide default layouts or
- Create unique layouts for different sections of your site.
WidgetsDisplay snippets of larger pieces of content in the form of:
- Content sliders
- Other media such as slideshows or videos
Choose from many Theme Designs
- Select from a growing number of professional themes (templates) or create your own unique theme.
- Templates facilitate and expedite site construction, but each end user's individuality and curatorial independence is maintained.
Content TaggingCreate and display filtered categorized lists of any type of content:
- Videos, etc.
Administrative Role Permissioning
Create specific editing permissioning for various administrative roles of your site.
- Gain greater distribution for your citations
- Achieve higher visibility overall
- Leverage the exposure our tools can offer you for your work