Senior Drupal/PHP Developer
Duties & Responsibilities
You will join a small but fast growing team and work on a project that is getting incredible traction, growing quickly, and has huge ambitions to redefine how faculty and other academic web sites are created and maintained—making, distributing and preserving knowledge faster and more efficiently than ever before.
You will have an immediate impact on the project as you take ownership of new features and work closely with other members of the team to implement them. You must be independent, self- motivated, hardworking and flexible and thrive in a fast-moving atmosphere. You must also have strong communication skills, as you will be routinely brainstorming ideas and communicating with our end-user community, the Drupal community, your peers and management at OpenScholar LLC.
As a developer on the OpenScholar project you will be expected to participate in the technical design of new features, write code to support both core and the modular features of the software, test new code (unit testing and regression testing), work on bug fixes as needed and write software documentation.
- At least seven years Drupal experience preferred.
- Excellent PHP programming skills in a LAMP environment.
- Strong knowledge of Drupal framework, its internal API-s and experience developing Drupal custom modules is highly desirable.
- Good communications skills and demonstrated ability of working well with users.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and interactive methodologies.
- Familiarity with source code control systems like GIT. Very comfortable with Unix/Linux as a development environment.
- Experience with jQuery, AJAX preferred
- BS in Computer Science preferred
Additional, Helpful Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience in hosting Drupal sites in AWS
- Familiarity with monitoring systems like New Relic and Pingdom
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com